Saturday, March 15, 2014

FIRST IMPRESSIONS / REVIEW: Dove Hair Therapy REFRESH+care Dry Shampoo Review

Hey everyone =)

I'm here again with another first impressions / review post, and yea, again, about a dry shampoo =) In my last dry shampoo first impressions post I told you I was running out of my current favorite one, by Lee Stafford, and I am looking for a substitute while I still have at least a bit of it left so if I find a cheaper alternative, I don't have to spend too much money again on a dry shampoo. The Lee Stafford is around 11 euros and I've had it a little over a month so if I can find something more affordable it would be awesome.

So let's have a look at this one by Dove that I recently found in the drugstore for not much over 100 CZK (125 CZK = cca 4 EUR / $6):

WHAT DOES THE PRODUCT SAY:
It says that it "Absorbs oil and leaves hair refreshed and volumised between washes." "Refresh and revive without water". There are also instructions - 1st step is to shake it, and spray 20-30 cm away from your hair. Then you should massage it into your scalp and then brush out. I never brush out the dry shampoo because I think brushing your hair only makes it more oily so what's the point? :D

HOW MUCH DO YOU GET:
For $6 you get 200 ml, which is PERFECT. The Lee Stafford is 150 ml and costs $15. So it's a great value, let's see if it's worth it:

PERFORMANCE:
Okay so I used it on my 6th day (used it on Wednesday, washed my hair last Friday), which is still not too awful/oily for me. I was surprised by the smell. It was AWESOME. Very different from all the other dry shampoos. I have a cold at the moment so I can't distinguish smells perfectly but it seemed like it was a flower-y smell :D Also, it smells "fresh". I'm not a fan of the citrus smell other dry shampoos have, and I always link it with dirty hair so it's more like a "dirty" smell for me.
The last dry shampoo I reviewed was one by Schauma and I didn't like it at all, my problem was mostly the thing that even when I tried to do small sprays, it always released a lot of product which led to completely white hair, the Dove one felt like a dry shampoo and not like a white spray. It released the product very well, almost like a mist I didn't see.

HOW DOES IT FEEL:
I felt like it gave me exactly what I needed. No white cast, good smell, making my hair look a lot fresher. HUGE thumbs up, Dove!

SO TO SUM UP:
+ price: very affordable, very convenient to get. All of the cheap drugstore dry shampoos are around 100 CZK so when you compare the performance, this is probably the best value you can get in the drugstore.
+ smell: very nice flower-y smell, I won't mind my hair smelling like this, it doesn't remind me of that "dirty" citrus-y smell the other dry shampoos have
+ the amount of product you get: I use dry shampoo almost all the time and I think this one will last me for maybe even two months.
- the packaging: it's not very convenient to throw into a smaller purse, if you need to touch up during the day. I don't take my dry shampoos with me for the day but I travel a lot so the smaller packaging the better, but it's definitely not a deal breaker for me, I just wanted to mention it =)

WOULD I REPURCHASE IT?
Definitely! =)

Alright, that's all. Have you tried this dry shampoo? What other dry shampoos do you use?
Have a lovely day ^_^
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment