Tuesday, February 11, 2014

JANUARY FAVORITES 2014

Hi everyone =)

I decided to do my monthly favorites on my blog from now on. Those videos take me a long time to film+edit and I feel very limited because there is a specific time when I should do it and I don't always have enough time and I always feel like I can give you more info on my blog =) So here we go.

These were the products I've been loving the most in January =) Even though I thought I didn't wear much makeup because I spent most of my time inside, studying for exams and was even sick for a week, I feel like I have too much :D I experimented with new products almost everytime I did my makeup.
What were your staple products last month? Tell me in the comments =)

BENEFIT THEY'RE REAL MASCARA
This is my first high end mascara and I'm totally in love with it. It's so amazing how easy it is to work with it. The brush is very interesting and definitely does the hard work for you. I usually apply two coats. I like to apply my first coat right after I do my foundation so I can build my lashes with the second coat after I finish my eyes. But sometimes I do the second coat right after the first one and it still builds my lashes and is just so awesome. It is pricey, and it's even more expensive here in Europe than it is in the US but it's totally worth it. The only issue that it has is that it can be a little difficult to get it off. I think it's water resistant and so some makeup removers can have a hard time removing it. But I found one that works amazingly well, I made a blogpost all about it. Click >>here<< to check it out =) Which leads me to my next favorite....

L'OREAL SUBLIME SOFT MICELLAR WATER
I am totally happy that I came across this product. It removes everything and leaves your face feeling very refreshed. I'm not going go into more detail about it again, you can read my first impressions post where I said everything about it =) http://lenalednicka.blogspot.com/2014/01/first-impressions-loreal-sublime-soft.html

SEPHORA LONG LASTING LIQUID EYELINER IN FANCY VIOLET
This is the first colorful liquid eyeliner that I actually like :D Usually I don't like the liquid product of it or the brush or it doesn't last for a long time and starts breaking. This one is perfect. Even though it has some glitter in it, it's quite subtle and it can be an everyday eyeliner. I like to use it in stead of my everyday black liquid eyeliner and then add a bit of black gel liner to the outer corners. It is the perfect substitute if you're looking for something colorful but are afraid to use anything else but black. This brings something new into your look. It is more subtle than black but still frames your eyes well. It is very pigmented and lasts for a long time. The applicator, even though it's a sponge, is awesome. I tend to like brush applicators but this one is bit bendy at the tip so it's easier for me to apply it.

BENEFIT ROCKATEUR BLUSH

To be honest, I didn't really excpet to like this product. I heard so many awesome things about it on Youtube and I was very intrigued to check it out in Sephora. The tester that they had was just DREADFUL and didn't reflect the awesome quality of it at all. They had 2+1 on Benefit at that time so I decided to go for it even though it cost a lot of money and didn't see myself liking it. It looked like it had too much shimmer in it and the color didn't amaze me that much. But to my surprise it isn't very shimmery because there are two shimmery parts of it, and the middle is shimmer-free and the shimmer wears off after a time and so if you don't really care about highlighting , has awesome color that you can use as a contour+blush color. I love how it smells! :D It also comes with a brush I love to use with it! When you use it to contour your face it's very easy to use is, especially on your jawline! =) Overall I think it's a high quality blush and I'm super happy I have it in my collection ^_^

ESSENCE BE LOUD! EYESHADOW IN 02 LIKE A STONE IN THE WALL
I used the darker eyeshadow in one of my latest tutorials. I was surprised how pigmented it was. If you're familiar with essence eyeshadows, you know that they aren't all that great, especially the singles (I feel like all the non-single eyeshadows are much better quality, the quattros are great, at least the two ones I have). It's a great transitional color when you're doing a black smokey eye. Also, it's awesome for smoking out the lower lashline with it, I applied it on top of a pencil eyeliner, which is my next favorite. Check out my FOTD post where I did this - http://lenalednicka.blogspot.com/2014/01/fotd-new-everyday-makeup-look-red-lips.html


ESSENCE STAYS NO MATTER WAT WATERPROOF PENCIL IN 03 SMOKEY GREY
It's such a shame they don't make these in more colors! (There's only black, brown and this grey). This eyeliner is amazing. It really stays on. When I set it with the eyeshadow I was talking about earlier, it really made sure it stayed in place and lasted for a long time. If you're used to black on your lower lashline, this could be your new buddy, it's still pretty dark but gives a different effect, and it's nice to wear something else for a change sometimes =)

CATRICE PRECISION LIP LINER IN READ MY LIPS!

If you need the perfect red lip liner this is the way to go! It is affordable, you can find it in the drugstore and it works very well. I used it in my Ultimate Red Lips tutorial. I would say it is the perfect match for MAC Ruby Woo lipstick! =)


Alright, these were my favorites for the month of January, I am kind of surprised that I got to experiment with so many awesome products. Can't wait to do February favs because I already have some other products that I'm totally in love with :D
Don't forget to tell me in the comments what products you loved in January =)
Have a lovely day!
Lena

No comments:

Post a Comment