Wednesday, January 29, 2014

FOTD: New Everyday Makeup Look? + RED LIPS




Hi everyone =)

Ever since I did my last makeup tutorial, I sort of fell in love filling in my waterline with black eyeliner and smoking out my lower lash line. Yesterday, I did a very simple look, I was just going to the mall for a while and I decided to do a much more wearable version of that smokey eye I did in the tutorial.


EYES:

For eyeshadows I only used an eyeshadow duo by essence from the Be Loud! collection in Like a Stone In the Wall. I applied the lighter color all over my lid. Now this eyeshadow doesn't have a great pay off but I didn't mind because I wanted just a simple wash of color. Then I took the darker color and applied it just a little bit into the crease so it didn't look too flat. Then I lined my upped lashline with liquid ink eyeliner by essence and filled my waterline with black gel liner by L'Oreal called Gel Intenza eyeliner. I did my lower lashline just as I did it in the tutorial. I applied a waterproof eyeliner by essence all across my lashline (in the color smokey grey) and with a small smudging brush, I smoked it out with the darker color from the duo. Then I just applied mascara and that was it. Very easy and for me, a lot different from my everyday routine. I think this may be my new everyday routine because I love that it's something more than just liquid eyeliner on top and bottom lash line.

LIPS <3
Now for my lips I decided to do red again. I love red lips. This time, I decided to take it to the next level and make a matte, velvety finish on them. I applied my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balmstain in Romantic and catrice lip liner just like in the tutorial, but I added MAC Ruby Woo on top. I love this lipstick and always makes me feel very fancy because it has probably the most beautiful finish, it's a beautiful red and even though it's a matte lipstick, it didn't feel gross after a while because of the moisturizing barrier of the balmstain on my lips. This is my ultimate red lip combo <3



Hope you like this face of the day, I hope I'll be able to do more of these in the future ^_^
Have a lovely day,
Lena

2 comments:

  1. I love adding some color to my lower lash line lena! :) your makeup is beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked the idea of adding at least some color to my bottom lash line I just never did it but finally I found a subtle way how to do it. Hopefully I'll explore some more color options with products that will last =) Thank you so much for commenting ^_^

      Delete